Saturday 7 July 2007

Who Needs A Brick

My fears were realized. On the last trip last night, someone was nice enough to lob an entire house brick through the window causing obvious bad damage and narrowly missing a passenger. Why oh why do people do this? I'm seriously disillusioned with this job and need to take urgent stock of my career and hopefully find a way out. My holiday's in September so I should be able to make it that far then we'll see. I'm driving the same route tonight so it might be prudent to wear a hard hat and flak jacket! I had an offer last year from a sightseeing firm but they're based in South West London so it wouldn't be easy to get to for early jobs. It might be worth it though to escape the hassle I get now.
Professionally, I think life is getting harder. In the early days, it wouldn't have been too much of a problem, but now I tend to carry it around with me as baggage and it just gets me down which isn't fair on the family or anyone I know.
We badly need to move home. Where we are now, with the amount of people living here, it's just too cramped. Storage space is at a premium and the place is just cluttered. It's nobody's fault but we're hoping (ambitiously) the housing association we're with will come through for us.
I'm thinking of taking the family to Duxford this weekend for the big airshow. We went to one last year at Biggin Hill which was good but they do cost a hell of a lot of money. We all like the old warplanes and its really good to see them still flying. You also have to wonder about the weather. Its nice today but we all know how quickly it can change. We went to Colchester Zoo a couple of weeks ago and we almost drowned in the rain!

2 comments:

London mick said...

I know how you feel Dave with the job. When I took early retirement 4 years ago and handed my notice in, it felt like a great weight was lifted off my shoulders.
I had many a brick thown thouh my window but the most memorable was on route 69 when it went thought to Nth Woolwich. It happen right outside Nth Woolwich Police Station.
Great Blog mate.

Unknown said...

Hi Mick, that was 5 years ago. Only remembered i had this today