Monday 2 July 2007

Bloody raining again

All ready for another beautiful day? I don't actually mind the rain in my job, it tends to keep people indoors or if they do venture out it seems they are more subdued than normal. Of course, flooding isn't nice for anyone and I do feel sorry for people with damage to clear up.
Luckily, I live in a flat so I can look on with a certain amount of smugness.
Did you see that Diana concert yesterday? What a load of rubbish! Most of those "acts" were making out how well they knew her or missed her when everyone knew full well they were only there for exposure. There were exceptions, such as the ballet people doing Swan Lake. Absolutely superb. I'm not a fan but I thought Take That captured the mood ok but people like P Dopey and Kanye Messed I wouldn't get out of bed for.
Well done to Kimi Raikkonen for winning the French GP. Hopefully Lewis Hamilton will be back to winning ways at Silverstone next week.
Also congrats to the England one day team. Why are the Windies no opposition these days? I remember their glory days with the likes of Richards, Garner, Holding and the rest. I thought those islands lived for the game. Apparently not any more.
I won't mention the tennis.
My Eddie's not been well. When he gets ill, his temperature goes through the roof. The other night it went up to over 40C. It gets hard to hold him because his body gives off so much heat. We thought it might be tonsilitis but it turned out to be just another bug so he can go to school after we've dosed him up with Nurofen and Calpol.
Hopefully the baby won't pick it up because sick babies are no fun. He's starting to make gurgling noises and laughing which just melts your heart. Of course when he throws up over you, it kind of annoys you but it soon passes.
Ritchie is learning guitar at school. It costs us £25 per term. Only problem is its once a week, for 15 minutes when the teacher bothers to turn up. I think its pretty safe to say he's not learning much so we'll probably knock it on the head and he can try drums or recorder or something. It'll definitely be cheaper.
Time to go to work now,
Bye

No comments: