Sunday 8 July 2007

South or Wembley?

I'm thinking of buying a bike. If I get a job in South London, it wouldn't be practical to drive over there what with the congestion charge and fuel costs. There's also the pay cut to consider. I'm bidding on ebay for a sat nav system until I get used to the route. Saying all that, I probably won't even get the job.
I haven't ridden a bike for about ten years so I can imagine the discomfort I'll feel to begin with. Not to mention I'm very unfit so there's bound to be a heart attack on the first trip!
You know, it would be so much easier if we could just win the lottery and say goodbye to our woes.
I saw some of Live Earth last night. The Wembley show was over when I got in but New York was in full swing with Melissa Etheridge going strong on one song that went on forever. It was worth the wait for when Bon Jovi came on and played a stormer. The Police were ok but seemed to struggle in places. I'm hoping that's the last of the charity concerts this year because they get on my nerves. I'm just waiting now for the Bon Jovi world tour to hit London next summer.
Work wise it was a fairly quiet night with no bricks flying. You get the usual fare dodgers and lowlifes but I've decided to ignore them all and take cash only when its offered. That attitude will probably land me in trouble but, frankly, I'm really past caring.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.