Thursday 5 July 2007

Splish Splash


Sickness is finally leaving our home now. After a worrying night where Ritchie's temperature refused to come down, he's more like his old self now. We're very relieved.

Before he got sick, Ritchie had homework where he had to splash in puddles! I wish I had homework like that when I was at school. Off we went to the forest for some major splashing in a torrential downpour. I think everyone enjoyed it. So much so that they want to do it again at the weekend so we'd better dry out the wellies.

Took Ethan to the local clinic for his eye test today. They were only a bit concerned because of his mum's poor vision. Glad to report that his eyes are perfect for his age but we still have to go back in six months to check for long and short sight.

Thinking of booking a long weekend away at a b+b in Great Yarmouth. We've got family that way but their house is too small for all of us. Most people would take a week or two for a holiday but we really can't afford it and anyway, my annual holiday from work isn't until September.

Just heard about the derailment on the Central Line. Apparently six carriages came off. Fortunately no-one was badly hurt. I have to go on that line next week to give blood in the City but I suppose they'll have the line closed while they have their inquiry so I'll be going by bus. I'm not really superstitious but it will be Friday the 13th!

No comments: